Wednesday, July 02, 2008

My Grandparents

My grandparents are moving to Mansfield this weekend and I can't wait. They currently live in Odessa which is 5.5 hours away, so we only get to see them twice a year. I moved away from Odessa when I was 15, that was 18 years ago. They will be living 4 minutes away. Yippeeee!!!!! I'm very close to my grandparents. I would stay at there house every weekend. On Saturday mornings, we'd go to McDonalds and then to the mall. On Sunday, we'd go to church and then go eat at Furr's Cafeteria.
It's because of my grandma that I know the Lord today. I remember her playing volleyball with me in the front yard, and sewing dresses for me. I remember always practicing spelling words with my grandpa (I would adminster the test to him). I remember everyday after school, I would make 2 icecream cones for my grandpa for him to eat when he got home from work. (I would catch the bus at there house).
Now they are in there late 60's early 70's and I finally get to see them everyday now. My grandma is the best cook. My grandpa was is an automobile accident 15 years ago, so now he's in a wheelchair. Thank God that workman's comp has provided income for them all these years. They were able to buy their new house in cash and were blessed to sell their exsisting house, to which they have lived in since 1955.
This house was a liquor store, and over the years with countless remodeling, it turned into a beautiful home and remains like that today. I can't believe I'm never going to go to Odessa again. Ok maybe for a funeral or something. Thanksgiving is going to be so cool here at my house and Christmas too... I so excited I can't wait.

1 comment:

momteacherfriend said...

Its awesome having family close by. Hubby and I are blessed to have everyone within 20 minutes.

Enjoy your grandparents!