Thursday, June 04, 2009

Is it ever ok to lie?????

Read a story to my girls about a big-wide mouth frog who goes around asking other animals "Who are you and what do you eat?"""
Well at the end he meets an alligator.. The alligator replies that she eats big-wide mouth frogs... she then asks "Who are you and what do you eat?" He replies "I'm a little narrow mouth frog... and I'm off" and jumps away...

My 6 year old say "Ahhhh he lied!!!" What could I say???

So I thought and thought and asked my husband and finally came up with....

It's ok to lie to bad people especially if you are in danger... This teaching moment came about again as we were watching Blart, mall cop....

Now the next hurdle... On "Beverly Hills Chihuahua", the song "I'm too sexy" plays.. Of course the 6 year-old asks... "What does sexy mean?" My reply.. "Let me get back to you on that one."

Any suggestions out there???

No comments: