Monday, September 19, 2005

Don't try to tempt me... it won't work

We're having to save for taxes that are due at the end of the year. Because of our our lack to discipline to do it throughout the year, we are not going to be able to do anything for the rest of the year. That means no Christmas. Oh well, Christmas is about giving not receiving right? So instead of us spending hundreds of dollars in gift for others, I think we'll give of our time and do some volunteer work.

Satan keeps putting in the back of my mind that the amount of money we need is the amount of our tithe for the rest of the year. Whatever! My God will provide. With his help and our hard work, we will get the money to pay the taxes.

Malachi 3:10-12
10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this," says the LORD Almighty, "and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it. 11 I will prevent pests from devouring your crops, and the vines in your fields will not cast their fruit," says the LORD Almighty. 12 "Then all the nations will call you blessed, for yours will be a delightful land," says the LORD Almighty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can see my post on the tithe below -

theabundantlife.net