Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Bathroom Talk

Ok, something weird happened to me yesterday. I went into the ladies bathroom, and there was only one other person there, who was washing her hands. As I was in the stall she asked
"Have you been outside?"
I stayed quiet, cause I didn't know if she was talking to me or not. Granted I was the only one there, but she could have been on the phone. It was just weird having someone talk to me while I'm going to the bathroom. Anyways, I stayed quiet. Then she said,
"Do you speak English?"
I was offended? Of course, weirdo, it's a requirement to work here. So I replied,
"Are you speaking to me?"
"Yes"...
"I'm sorry, didn't realize you were speaking to me. The weather is wonderful"
"Great, have a great day"

People, unless you know the person in the stall, don't talk to them, it's very weird.

3 comments:

Shelley said...

I laughed out loud at the "Do you speak English part?"

Anonymous said...

Ok. That's funny. The only "do you speak english" story I have is this: Where I worked I had to make phone calls to families on behalf of particular medicial facilities. Anyways, this little boy answered the telephoen "Bueno". I said hello, may I speak to your mom or dad? (This kid was maybe 6). He said "no habla espanol". Then my next question (which I always asked out of habit was) Do you speak English? The little boy replied "no but my brother does..."

Have a great day!
Kristina aka NewMommy4God

mommyofangels said...

That's hilarious!