Wednesday, January 25, 2006

It is well with my soul

A guy that works with my father-in-law just lost his 2 year old in a drowning accident. The question I have for myself was "How would I feel in that situation?"
My first thought was "I'd be mad at God".... But after thinking about it for a while and reading an excerpt of a book called "In the arms of God", my perspective changed. In my mind I know that God is in control of all things, and that "all things work for the good of those who love Him, and who are called according to his purpose". In the words of my father-in-law "Kids belong to God, He just lets us take care of them for a little bit" So another question arises "Do I love God, more than earthly things or another human being?" Abraham did and he was counted as righteous.
The answer to the questions above. YES! I do love God more than anyone or anything. He has never foresaken me, and no matter how bad things may seem He has always been there to see me through. So I pray that through life's struggles and tragedies I will be able to say "It is well with my soul"

P.S. Please pray for Emma as she is sick right now with Rotavirus. Not too bad though as she's only thrown up twice since Sunday and the diahrea isn't that bad. She seems to be in good spirits.

No comments: