Friday, September 15, 2006

Lesson to be learned

About 2 months ago, I got pulled over for speeding. Because I couldn't find my insurance card and had lost my driver's license, I got 2 tickets for that, but not speeding. In GP, the two tickets were dismissed. On Wednesday night I got pulled over again about 1/2 mile from my house for a headlight that was out. Again no driver's license or insurance card... See Eddie and just cleaned out the car the day before in hopes that we could sell it soon. So he took everything out. The cop was nice enough to let me go, after talking on the phone with my husband to verify the insurance information and vin. I've never gotten out of a ticket before. Of course it probably helped that the cop was hispanic, and that I had the fire dept sticker on my windshield. So there was mutual respect. Also I had a sleeping baby in the back, and was sincerely sorry for not having proper idenification on me. I promised I'd go home and put everything back in the car, and I did.

No comments: