Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Santa just another character

Christmas is around the corner. My kids are 2 1/2 and 1. We havent' jumped into the whole Santa Clause thing yet, don't know if we will. It's not like I will ever go to the mall durning Christmas time and bump into him, since I try to do all my shopping on-line. This year, I'm not even going to shop. It's homemade gifts for everyone. Isabel did take a picture with Santa one year. It was cute. If they ask who he is I'll tell them "Santa Claus". He'll be right there with Elmo, Oscar, Big Bird, Dora, and Diego... all the other characters they watch and love. But they won't BELIEVE in Santa Claus. We are going to teach our children what Christmas is all about and that is the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. We'll limit the presents to 3.. One big one, 1 little bitty one, and a biblical one. And we'll show them about giving to those who aren't as fortunate as they are.
We'll also sit around the living room watching all our favorites. "A Christmas Story", "A Charlie Brown Christmas", and "Elf". I used to open my presents Christmas Eve, but I'd like my kids to go to bed with something to look forward to getting up to. Running down the hall to the living room, to open their gifts, and going to Church. I love Christmas, and hope that my kids will have memories that they will eventually share with their kids.

No comments: