Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Can't rush great art, but you can try


On Friday, when I picked up Isabel from school, she didn't want to leave because she was painting a horse. As I watched her paint, I thought to myself, holy cow this is going to take forever, we'll never make it to the homecoming game on time, if she continues painting this way. See they use a long q-tip as their paintbrush. So she was putting the q-tip in the paint and putting a dot on the paper. Dot, by dot, she was painting the head... ok, I had to figure out how to get this girl to hurry up and paint so

I said "Isabel, can I help you color?"
"I'm painting, not coloring."
"Can I help you paint?"

She handed over the "paintbrush", and I proceeded to paint but moving the q-tip back and forth, to get more coverage. I handed it back to her and she continued to do the same. So instead of 2 hours it only took 10 minutes for her to finish. She was so proud. What sucks about the whole thing, is that when we got up to leave, she had to leave the painting there, because it was wet and had to dry. She didn't like that one bit.

No comments: