Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Your mercies are new every morning....

so I run to you.

Everyday that I wake Isabel up to go to school, I know I'm in for a fight. All the kicking, crying, wining (I don't want to go to school) over and over and over again). She does this every single day, all the way to school. And when we get there, she kicks and screams some more. The teachers seem to be sympatheic with me but I can't help to wonder if they are saying in the back of their heads "Here we go again"...

This morning I prayed "Lord, please don't let Isabel cry, please give me patience, don't teach me patience, just give it to me"

So we are off... I wake her up and she cries, I get her in the car and she cries... oh no not agian. As we are driving over the lake I turn the music off and turn around (I know I'm driving, but it was only for a sec)... I say

"Isabel, do you like fighting with Mommy?"
She nods her head no
"Well it makes Mommy very sad when you fight with me. Can you not fight with me anymore?"
She nods her head yes
"Ok, do you want to help Mommy take Emma to class?"
She nods her head yes
"Then you will go to class, and not cry and Mommy will go to work"
She does nothing.
"Do you want me to sit with you for a while when we get to school?"
She nods her head yes

After that, the rest of the ride was peaceful. She sang to herself and struck up a conversation with Emma.
We got to school, Emma fell outside, blood and everything. Got her cleaned up and took her to class, I sat with Isabel for a minute and told her I had to go to work. She gave me a kiss and hug and said "Ok, bye Mommy"

As I walked out, I was is awe. I think the teachers were too.

No comments: