Tuesday, April 05, 2005

"Can you help me with this?"

Children enjoy helping out. It makes them feel necessary tothe family's well-being. Even a first-grader can do a good job setting the table or folding a load of towels from the dryer. Sharing chores gives children a chance to taste of life in the "real" world, and helps them see that it takes alot of effort to make a family work. When children complete chores, be sure and thank them.

This was part of an article I read. I wanted to share about the little helper at my house. Her name is Isabel. She helped me yesterday with Emma. She would say "boo" and make her laugh in the car. She played with Emma on the floor. And as I watched from afar, she would try and feed Emma applesause. I came over and said "Thank you for being such a great helper" She replied "Welcome". She is such a great helper. Even at two children are made to feel special when they know they can help out. Other things that I get her to help me with is picking up her toys, taking laundry out of the dryer, carrying my keys or phone from the car. She's my little missionary in training. Thank you Isabel for always helping me.

No comments: