Thursday, October 13, 2005

Harriet Meyers

(I think that's the way you spell her name)

Anyways, I'm not one who is overly interested in politics. Something about this nominee has caught my attention. I heard a discussion yesterday on the Scott Wilder show. It was a guy saying that he trusted Bush, so for him he trusted his decision on the nominee. His reasoning was "how could Bush make a mistake on something as important as this?" and "He's known her for 15 years, he trust her".

Whatever! You know nothing about this nominee. Just because Bush is a Christian, and conservative, does not mean that he's infallable.

I do hope this is the right decision, but if it's not, I will feel sorry for Bush and Harriet. Bush, because he'll never live it down, and Harriet, because she'll have wasted all this time going through a gruelling senate conformaiton hearing without anything to show for it.

Only time will tell.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

Miers is how you spell it.

mommyofangels said...

Thank you.. you know I flunked out of the spelling bee in 6th grade. I was the first person, up. The word was Amendment. Did I spell that right?