Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Judgement Day

Ok, I spend all afternoon Saturday writing the script for a skit that we are doing at church for our "Judgement Day" Haunted House. And stupid me, I help make the suggestion that someone else would play a good teenager.
Well last night we set up our set and props and this girl ran through the scene. She was alright, but it just wasn't having the effect that we are intended.
So my friend says to me, you run through it with me so that the other girl can see how it's done.
So I run through it. And oh my gosh, I gave the performance of a lifetime. I even almost made some people in the audience cry.
So here I am, stuck in a hard place. I want to play that part. I mean don't get me wrong, I don't want to hurt the other girl's feelings by taking my part back, but you gotta admit, I was good. So anyways, my friend who played opposite me, was going to call the person in charge to suggest that we make some role changes.
So I'll find out tonight, if I'll be on stage or behind the scenes. It doesn't matter to me either way, I just want the audience to get the full effect of the message we are trying to convey. We only have 2 days to practice, and then show time.

Judgement Day Haunted House
Iglesia La Luz
2400 Pecandale
Arlington, TX
Free
October 28,29,& 31
7:00 PM... line gets cut off at 9:00 PM

No comments: