Monday, October 31, 2005

Part of the Team

I am the only woman on my team at work. This is not a first for me. When I worked at Bell Helicopter, the same was true. It was fun because I was 19 years old. Just a kid. I got so much special treatment it wasn't even funny. I got along so well with all the guys, we always had a blast at work. Fastforward 10 years later. 6 months ago I would have told you that I didn't feel apart of the team. I mean I have a good working relationship with everyone on my team, but that is as far as it went. There are those on my team that I got along great with. We'd do practical jokes on each other, and that would make it really fun. But just in the last months pretty much everyone on my team treats me differently, they huddle around MY desk to chitchat. They say "hey what's up" and they really value my thoughts on things. I'm glad, it makes work alot more fun and stress free.

1 comment:

Jeff Dowdle said...

I am glad to hear that.