Tuesday, October 18, 2005

What about me?

Anything a first-born child does is a big deal. They get all the attention. That's why many first-born kids end up with a lot of natural confidence.

Did you know...

That almost all of the U.S. Presidents were either the first-born child or the first-born son in their families?
All but two of the first astronauts sent into space were first-borns, and the other two were "only children"?

The 2nd child doesn't ususally get the special first-born treatment. Like when, Isabel first said "mama" it was a big-time event. But when Emma said mama for the first time, it just didn't pack the same "wow." I hear this is why many middle and youngest children find fewer photos of them in the family photo albums, or at least fewer photos of them by themselves.

I am so guilty of this. I had Isabel's scrapbook done by her birthday. Here I am 18 days after Emma's birthday and only 4 pages have been done. She's said mama countless times, but I didn't call everyone on the planet to let them know.

So I will redeem myself today. Emma is only 12 months old and already singing to a cd. Ok, it's alot of DO, LA, and TI's and not words, but techically DO, RE, MI, etc is music. And any sound she makes is music to my ears. Plus she can say mama, point to objects that she wants, and will imitate someone sneezing, plus many many other cool things. I'd write them all down, but I'd take 2 days.

No comments: