Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Farwell Mrs. Sessums

Dixie's grandma passed away on Christmas Day. She would have been 81 in February. The funeral will be this Thursday. Please keep her husband and family in your prayers.
What I remember about her most is breakfast time. I went and visited their home in San Antonio when I was 17 years old. The first morning that we got up there was a spread on the kitchen table. Donuts, muffins, eggs, bacon, ham, and pancakes. I was stuffed, and she still wanted to feed me more. And she made the best orange julius' out of figs from her backyard. Dixie says it is bittersweet. Grandma Sessums was ready, and had been for quite awhile. Although healthy, active and eating right, she had a heart attack. She declined having surgery to fix it. She was able to say goodbye to her family and friends.
Farwell Mrs. Sessums.

No comments: