Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Strawberry Quick

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/drugs/candymeth.asp

There is a very scary thing going on in the schools right now that all need to be aware of. There is a type of crystal meth going around that looks like strawberry pop rocks. It smells like strawberry also and it is being handed out to kids in school yards in AR. I'm sure it will make its way around the country if it hasn't already. Kids are ingesting this thinking that it is candy and being rushed off to the E.R. in dire condition.

Please instruct your children to not accept candy that looks like this even from a friend and to take any that they may have to a teacher, principal, etc.

Please pass this around it could save some family a lot of heartache! That is what they are calling strawberry meth or strawberry quick.

Thought you'd want to know.

Kathy Johnson, RN
School Nurse, McNeil Elementary
McKinney ISD

1 comment:

angpro said...

I recieved an email about this with your name on it. I forwarded it to all of the schools in my area. I live in Indiana, but I have a brither that lives in AR and I alerted him first because he has 7 children. I have 3, but that is very scary and I have not heard about it here yet, hopefully by me alerting all of the schools, we will not have any children hurt by this. I just wanted to say thank you for posting this blog.