Monday, February 21, 2005

Speak to me Lord

I just finished reading a blog from someone I know. She talked about how God spoke directly to her this sunday. That so happened to me. Our pastor's sermon was on "Confronting your culture"... He talked about how materialism won't bring us happiness, and that true happiness comes from the Lord. He talked about how we out to be thankful for what we have, and always give God our 1st 10%... None of this was new to me, heck I even teach these principles in my wednesday nite class. But nevertheless God was speaking directly at me. I have to confess that I don't manage God's money as well as I should. I've maxed my credit card out again, and it was paid off.... I want to just kick myself... Well I made a pact with God that I was going to cut them up. If I don't have the money to buy the stuff, then I'll go home empty handed. It's not like this concept is new, there was a point in my life when I didn't have money to spend or credit cards and I was just fine.... no worries....

"Be on your guard against greed in any shape for form. For a man's real life in no way depends on the number of his possesions" Luke 12:15
This verse really spoke to me. I never thought that I was materialistic, because I could care less about brand names or the such. But when something new comes out, I've just got to have...at least I think I do.... The newest thing on my list is a mini iPod... do I need it? of course not I've gone 29 years without one... but it sure wouldl be cool to have one. I've decided if it's something that I really want I'm going to have to save up for it.... I need to start living by my own advice if I expect my kids to follow my advice when the time comes...

"He who loves money shall never have enough. The foolishness of thinking that wealth brings happiness! The more you have the more you spend... " Eccl. 5:10-11

THIS IS SO TRUE!!!!!!

No comments: