Monday, June 27, 2005

Stop Complaining

Do everything without complaining or arguing. Philippians 2:14

There are 4 common types of complainers:
The "Whiner" Psalm 73:13
The "Martyr" Numbers 11:11-15
The "Cynic" Eccl 1:2-4,9
The "Perfectionist" Proverbs 27:15

How to conquer complaining

Admit it is a problem. Proverbs 28:13
Take responsibility for my own life. Proverbs 19:3
Take the attitude of gratitude. 1 Thess 5:18
Look for God's hand in circumstances. 2 Cor 4:17-18
Always speak positively. Eph 4:29


When you find yourself complaining about something, stop and think of two things you’re thankful for instead.

As the world around us continues on a downward spiral, Christian men and women need to be an example of how a person can have a positive disposition regardless of the exterior circumstances.

The Lord is speaking to me on this one. As I look over the weekend I can see how I complained about alot of things, and gave thanks for very little.
Sorry Lord that I complain about alot of things when I know that you always bless me. And sorry that I complain about people, when I know that I'm not perfect. And sorry that I complain about my circumstances when there are worst things happening to other people.
Amen

No comments: