Saturday, March 04, 2006

A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes

I just finished my study for church tomorrow. I was about to go to bed but I have a screaming 2 year old wanting to play on the internet, so I needed to escape. We moved her bed upstairs to fill the empty bedroom. It's a huge bedroom. It's all decorated with princess stuff, since she's a princess, and thinks she's Cinderella. I remember my first bedroom. We lived in a little bitty trailer. There was a hallway between the kitchen and where my mom's bed was at. The hallway was the length of a twin bed. To the left fit only a twin bed and the the right was a built in dresser. That was it. My room was a hallway. I remember in the 3rd grade my aunt gave me her compter, a TI99-4A. I would sit on the edge of my bed, pull out a drawer from the built in dresser and then I would take our chalk board and turn in around and place it on the drawer. I now had a desk. The keyboard would sit on the "desk" and I small tv would sit on the top of the dresser. The keyboard/pc would connect to the tv and I would write simple "Basic" programs. Even at the age of 8 I knew I wanted to be a programmer like my aunt. I graduated high school, in 93' and worked and paid my way through college. It did take my 6 years, but I finished. It's so cool to see that I fullfilled my dream.

No comments: