Thursday, July 20, 2006

I couldv'e been a artist, nurse, or vet

Back when I was a youngster, It was always instilled in me that I would go to college. The only other person who had graduated from college was my Aunt Irma. She was my favorite aunt, she was my only aunt. I really looked up to her. She is a COBOL programmer and gave me my first computer in the 3rd grade. A TI-994A. Ancient.
Anyways growing up I wanted to be a programmer like her, but as years passed I would change my mind.
In the 2nd grade I decided I wanted to be a nurse. I would play doctor with my friends. When they would get hurt, they would come to me for a diagnosis. Weirdos. Didn't they realize that I really wasn't a nurse. Anyways.
In the 3rd grade I won 1st Place City-Wide for a Fire Prevention Poster contest. I won $25 and a bike. I kept that poster for like 7 years until one day I got mad and tore it up. I still regret that. Also in the 3rd grade I won 1st runner up in a programming contest. I still have the program that I wrote.
In the 7th grade I decided I wanted to be a vet, until I took biology in the 10th grade. I couldn't even disect a frog, it was the grossest thing ever. Ok being a vet is not for me.
So I switched back to programming. And that is what I do today. I like it, it's challenging. What did you want to be when you were growing up?

1 comment:

momteacherfriend said...

An astronaut. I still am fasicated by the stars.

And a mom...mission accomplished.