Monday, August 29, 2005

Here Comes the Bride - Here Comes the Bride - Here Comes the Bride

Saturday was the big event at our house. The living room furniture was packed in the office, the wood floors were mopped and white tool with roses filled the room.
As guest arrived, the people in the kitchen were making last minute preparations.
7:25 arrives, the bride is ready, the guests are ready, and I'm so ready.
I give the signal to Eddie to hit play on the iPod. The classical version of "Everything I do (I do it for you)" starts to fill the house. Isabel and I walk to our places. Eddie starts to play "Here comes the bride"... Everyone stands, stares at the staircase, but no bride. He plays it again. My mom goes up the stairs to find out what's going on. He plays it again. Here she comes, holding her crying 5 year old kid in her arms. Ok, so he was serious when he told everyone that he was getting married. He stood at the front with his mama and daddy as they got married. How sweet.

No comments: