Friday, March 16, 2007

Chicken Red's

We went to a new restaurant in our area called Chicken Red's. I loved it and my kids loved it. The food was good and the outdoor play area was awesome. They had an small indoor play area as well. I'm thinking this would be a great location for a birthday party especially one falling on a weeknight. They had great icecream too.
We will definately be back. When we went yesterday there were alot of kids, and I'm hopeing it was because of spring break, but I have my doubts. This place is kid heaven. The problem that I observed was that the bigger kids would overrun the little kids. My 3 year old tried 3 times to go up one on the ladders and each time a bigger kid would cut in front of her. Finally I had had it. The next kid that I saw trying to pull that stunt, I told him that she was next and that he had to wait his turn. My 2 year old was going up a different ladder. She was like on the 3rd step, when 3 other kids were trying to climb up the same ladder as well. I don't think so. I had to tell them as well, to wait their turn. Me and another parent commented on how disorderly some of the kids were. I had no shame telling those other kids what to do. I'm used to it. I tell kids what do at church all the time. Besides, I was protecting my girls. I, in turn, have no problem with another adult correcting my kids if they are misbehaving without my knowledge. I expect it.

1 comment:

Jeremy@Life of an Ant said...

Sounds like a chucky cheeses only with chicken. Is that the place with the lop-sided barn on debbie ln and Hwy 287?