Monday, March 19, 2007

It's a Monday


So I've decided to buy this book.

ADD-Friendly Ways to Organize Your Life

I so need it. I've had ADHD all my life, looking back to my childhood, adolescence, and so forth, I clearly see it. I took one of those online test and passed with flying colors. Then I went to a doctor and got an official diagnosis. So what does this all mean? Well, I'm not lazy like I've been told. I now know why I do the things I do. Not an excuse per say, just a better understanding. I opted not to take drugs. I instead recieve a newsletter from an ADD coach, and I strive to learn more about this condition. See right now, I should be working, but can't stay focused, instead I'm hyperfocused on writing this blog. Anyways, I found this book and will buy it at the end of the month. See already this morning, I left my lunch at home, yesterday I left my purse at home and who the heck knows where my daughter's 3 pair of jeans are at. I think at the daycare, but not totally sure. One thing that I have done to simplify my life is dinner. See I hated cooking dinner. Constant internal struggle. What am I going to cook, will my family like it, do I have all the stuff? I discovered The Dinner Station, and well lets just say that's one more thing I don't have to worry about.

Here's a little insight about ADHD and change.
Everyone knows that people with ADHD thrive on change. We're impulsive, after all. And when you're impulsive, change is a given.

In my opinion it isn't so simple.

I believe while adults with ADHD do adore some types of change, we find other
types of change disturbing.

Put simply, we adore changes that WE instigate. Yet people with ADHD don't as
easily accept change imposed by someone else.


Eddie, that's why I change my mind so much...

No comments: