Thursday, March 01, 2007

So when is your birthday???

This time of year is crazy. I have a friend who's birthday is Feb 29th, so I never know when to say happy birthday, either before of after. We were having a discussion in the office about how we should steal 6 hours from the 28th and the 1st to create the 29th every year. That way those people born on that day chould celebrate on that day.
My grandpa's birthday is March 1st. I made the mistake of calling him yesterday and wishing him a happy birthday. Not once did he say "It's not my birthday", he just played right along. Later that evening I speak with my grandmother and she told me that I had called and wondered why I was wishing him a happy birthday when his was DAYS away.... "Sorry dear, February is a short month, your birthday is tomorrow" she tells him....
I don't feel silly anymore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My birthday is Nov 30