Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Happy Birthday Irma

This posting is a day late, but better late than never. Right?
My aunt Irma turned 49 yesterday. As a child I remember alot of things about her. She is my favorite aunt. Well, she's my only aunt.

I remember at Christmas, she would bring out the JC Penny catalogue and let me circle everything I wanted. I thought this was the coolest. Even though I of course didn't get everything, just being able to window shop was awesome.

I remember I got on a plane at the age of 6 with a friend of hers and her friends daughter to come to Dallas to visit her. My first trip "alone". We went to Six Flags, Show Biz pizza, Chuck E. Cheese, Sesame Street Place. It was so much fun.

I remember she gave me her first computer. A TI-994a. She was a computer programmer which inspired me to become the same.

I remember when we moved down her the summer before my 10th grade year, her and my uncle took us shopping for school clothes. We it was actually my uncle. That tradition continue through high school.

I remember her letting me borrow the money for the down payment for my braces. Which I paid back.

I remember her co-signing for me for my first new car.

I remember her letting me borrow the money for my first semester at UTA, the cost was so much higher than TCJC I was in shock. I paid this back as well after I graduated.

I now live 5 minutes away from her which is purely coincidental.

She does have a great pool, which I'm hoping to get use out of this summer. Previous summers we've gone maybe once a season. (hint hint)

Irma, thank you for all the things you have shown me and done for me throughout the years. Love Ya.

No comments: