Tuesday, March 01, 2005

The Next Mariah

Emma is starting to play with objects more, by grabbing things and putting them in her mouth. Now I've got to go through all of Isabel's old toys and pull out some rattles...

When we were at my mom's I had a proud moment. Isabel took one of my nephew's spidermans', of course this did not sit well with him, he's having a little problem with sharing. Nevertheless, my sister got on to him, and he started to cry. Then my big girl came back into the room and saw that he was crying and patted him on the head saying "Ya, Ya, Ya.... shhhh Tacob" and then she gave him his spiderman back. I felt so proud, that she showed compassion, and selflessness. Then my nephew showed appreciation by giving her a play cell phone. A truce was formed.

As we were driving home, Isabel was talking into her cell phone imitaing the way I talk into my Nextel phone when I use it as a walkie talkie. She'd say "Hi Papa, hi mama"..In a loud voice, just like I do - too cute.

"Always and Forever" from the 60's played on the radio, which happens to be mine and Eddie's favorite song. It was so cute because Isabel started singing right along with us, singing high, low, soft, and loud. Then when Tom Jones' "She's a Lady" came on, she picked it up real fast, singing ....."lady.. wo, wo, wo".... when we got home I had a duet on my hands, Eddie would sing "She's a Lady", and Isabel would come in with "wo, wo, wo", quite the pair those two...

No comments: