Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Sounds like...

Isabel periodically will point to something and say "What's this?" (wha dis). Yesterday, she pointed to her two poiny tails on her head, and asked that question. I told her "Chongo" spanish for ponytail. Well she started making monkey sounds. You see "Chongo" sounds a lot like "Chango" which is monkey in spanish.

When we got home there were some girls feeding the ducks at the duck pond down the street from our house. Isabel and I got down. "Mommy, quack quack"... She was so content watching all the ducks and sea gulls (I think that's what they were, they were white birds) eating their bread and tortillas. It got cold so we had to go. She said "Bye Bye Quack Quack".

In the car, Isabel started singing a song. It wasn't a song that we normally sing, so I listened carefully to what she was singing. "Samooooooooo" "moo moo moo, moo, moo, moo".... I figured it out. It's a song we taught her about a week and 1/2 ago. It's a song from Veggie Tales Silly Songs "Saboooooo, a chumoo moo a chumoo moo" It amazed me that she remembered it on her own and started singing it. I've got to get the video from her Tia, so that she can watch it.

Emma is starting to eat fruits and veges. We've been putting cereal in her milk for a month now. Yesterday she was chowing down on some applesause. Isabel wanted to take over and feed her. I let her cause she was doing a good job. She is such a good helper.

No comments: