Thursday, April 27, 2006

How will a church family equip me for life?

Don't have a church to call your own? Afraid of making a commitment?
This is for anyone who isn't currently attending church, or who attends but is not a member.

How will a church family equip me for life?

1. Will help me focus on God
Ps. 34:3, Matt 22:27-38,
3 Glorify the LORD with me;
let us exalt his name together.

2. Will help me face life's problems
1 Thess 5:10-11, 1 Peter 3:8, Galatians 6:2, Romans 12:5
2Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.

3. Will help me fortify my faith
Hebrews 6:1, Ephesians 3:10
1Therefore let us leave the elementary teachings about Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death,[a] and of faith in God,
4. Will help me find my ministry
Ephesians 2:10, 1 Cor. 12:5, 27
10For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

5. Will help me fullfill my life's mission
Acts 20:24, Rom. 10:13-14, Colossians 3:15
24However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace.

How do I become a member of a church family?
Acts 2:41-42, 46
41Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.
The Fellowship of the Believers
42They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.
46Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for stopping by. You know lately the church membership has been brought to my attention lately. I am starting to think God is behind it all. You see when we first started going to the current baptist church I wanted to join but my husband was not ready. I was encourage to wait for him but I guess I just forgot... I will pray about it and I will talk with my husband once again about joining.
You know I never thought about joining as a commitment... but you are right.

mommyofangels said...

Tammara....

I so understand... look I don't know about the wine or dancing things, cause I love to dance... I don't like the taste of wine though...personal preference.
The reason I started to attend a Baptist chruch is because we had friends that went there.... At my church, we don't stress "Baptist" we stress "RELATIONSHIP w/ Christ".... It's funny cause alot of Baptist churches are removing the name Baptist from their name, says it gives them a bad rap. You'll never find a perfect church, they don't exsist. They'll always be the hypocrites, the holier than thous, the backseat baptists, the ones who gossip in the form of prayer, everything... you can't get away from it. The only thing you can do is focus on your relationship with Christ.. "Come as you are.." Ask Him to make you into the person He wants you to be.