Friday, July 01, 2005

My Little Cookie Monster

Like mother, like daughter. When I was a little girl, I had a cassette tape that featured songs sung on Sesame Street. My favorite song was "C is for Cookie", performed by none other than Cookie Monster. Isabel watches 123 Sesame Street everyday, and one of the characters that she likes to imitate is Cookie Monster. The other day in the car she was eating some cookies. She would take these bite size cookies and jam them in her mouth saying "yum yum yum", while smearing her hand all over her mouth. Over and Over as she would eat the cookies she would say "I love cookies, I love cookies". Then when she finished she insisted on licking her fingers, instead of using a paper towel. In the back of my mind I think "Cookie Monster isn't teaching her very good manners" but then I throw that thought out and replace it with "Ahh, she's so cute, my little cookie monster"

No comments: