Friday, July 01, 2005

My rights as a mom

I wanted to be the one who got to paint Isabel's toes for the first time. Well when I picked her up from her sitter's house on Thursday, her fingers and toes were bright pink. I couldn't say anything, I don't want to be one of those overprotective, don't touch my child, parents. I just smiled and said "Isabel I love your nails, how pretty" But in the back of my mind, I was pouting. Oh well there are other things that'll just be between us. I can picture it now. Her first official manicure and pedicure, at a real salon. I can't wait. It'll be our thing to do. Well get up on a Saturday morning stop at McDonalds, go to the salon, and then afterwards have lunch at LaMadelline. I can't wait. Well yes I can I don't want her growing up too fast, she is just too much fun at this age. Love You Isabel.

No comments: