Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Murphy's Law

Do you know Murphy's Law? Anything that should go wrong will. Well that's what happened Sunday at Chili's. After church, Eddie, my sister and the kids went to eat at Chili's for lunch.
We didn't have to wait for a table which is good. We sat down and immediately Isabel started throwing a fit because Emma was going to sit in the high chair and her and Jacob would have to sit in booster chairs. I got up and took her to the womens bathroom to talk to her. I grabbed a diaper bag. I got to the restroom, calmed her down and proceeded to change her diaper. She had on a pull up and had pooped. Oh oh, I grabbed the wrong bag, I grabbed Emma's bag instead of Isabel's, that means no diapers. Oh well, I'll just have to wipe her bottom, go back out and get her bag. Oh oh, no wipes, the teacher in 2nd hour at church forgot to put them back in Emma's bag. Ahhhhhhhhhh... what to do now. I know I'll wet some paper towels, none to be found anywhere. So I had to use toilet paper. Let me tell you, it's hard to wipe poop off of a babies bottom using toilet paper, so I had to improvise and use 1/2 wet 1/2 dry toilet paper. I finally got her bottom clean, so we went back out to the table to get her another diaper. Oh Oh, I got her bag and there were no diapers in it, they had been all used up in the nursery. Now what, I had to use one of Emma's which is 2 sizes to small. As I was taking Isabel back to the bathroom to put on the diaper, Emma had managed to reach over and grab Eddie's drink and spill it all over him and the floor, without getting a drop on herself. After lunch we went home to try to get the kids asleep. Emma of course fell asleep right away, but Isabel cried and cried and would not go to sleep, and that was with me in the room. After 30 minutes we gave up and went to watch TV. She fell asleep at 4:00 sitting straight up on the couch.

Lord, if it's patience your trying to teach me, it worked, because that day was very hectic.

No comments: